on Monday, July 7th, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at the Navajo County South Complex in Show Low!
Find out more about GWA meetings here.
White Mountain Community Garden (WMCG), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with public charity status. Its mission is to develop and sustain a community garden as a community resource providing space and guidance for growing healthy organic produce, and through the garden, help educate, feed and nurture the health and wellbeing of children and adults of all ages and walks of life, and contribute to local resiliency.
The garden is a jewel that rests in the heart of Show Low, Arizona, on acreage that is located next to the Navajo County Health Department building off of 9th Place, behind the Navajo County South Complex on the North side of the Deuce of Clubs. See map. Its central location makes it convenient and easy to get to work planting and nurturing your very own section of garden!
Are you interested in:
- Becoming a "locavore" - someone who supports your own health and the health of your community by promoting and consuming locally grown produce?
- Helping to grow healthy organic produce and/or contributing in some way to feed the hungry and enhance community resiliency?
- Participating in learning experiences about the benefits of growing nutrient-dense produce, gardening in our unique climate, and helping to create opportunities for sharing?
- Looking for ways to help promote environmental stewardship, participate in community service, and ways to donate your time and/or resources to a worthy cause?
Come play in the dirt with us, live healthy, and have fun!
The garden is for everyone, especially for individuals and groups who don't have space to garden, or simply want more gardening space and to garden with others who share their passion! You keep everything you grow in your space, or you can share it with others.
If you want to participate in the garden but don't think you have the time to manage your own plot or bed, consider participating in our new Healthy Eating and Living Participation (HEALP) program. You put in what hours you can on scheduled days by helping in the community garden area and earn credits for fresh produce for each hour worked. Click here to find out more about participating in the HEALP program or renting a garden plot.
- Click here to find out about ways you can help WMCG help your community.
501(c)(3) P. O. Box 3003